1 15-pound turkey, fully defrosted, giblets removed
2 cups soy sauce
1 cup honey
1 medium onion, quartered
2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
6 cloves of garlic, skin removed
3 cups water
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a rack inside a large roasting pan. Pour water into pan.
2. In a large bag or bowl, combine honey and soy sauce.
3. Place turkey in bag and let rest covered in sauce for one hour. Turn halfway through.
4. Remove the turkey from the marinade. Reserve the marinade. Season well inside and out with salt and pepper.
5. Stuff cavity with onions, celery and garlic.
6. Place turkey in roasting pan. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes.
7. Turn oven down to 350F. Tent with foil. Continue roasting for three hours (approximately), basting with reserved marinade.
8. Remove foil for last thirty minutes. Tent again if turkey is too dark. Drumsticks may need to be covered.
9. Check that an instant-read thermometer in thickest part of thigh registers 165F (and juices run clear).
10. Let rest in a warm spot for twenty five minutes before carving.