Marinated Fish Ingredients 400 grams (14 ounces) fresh red snapper, sea bass or sea bream filets (deboned)150 ml fresh lime juice (about three...
Marinated Fish Ingredients
400 grams (14 ounces) fresh red snapper, sea bass or sea bream filets (deboned)
150 ml fresh lime juice (about three limes)
30 ml fresh orange juice
¼ tsp ground white pepper
2 tsp sea salt
½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup of limes (halved)
2 and ½ cups of plum tomatoes (cubed)
¼ cup of fresh cilantro (chopped)
½ cup of red onion (thinly sliced)
3 tablespoons of chile Serrano (finely chopped)
1. Dice fish filets into small cubes and place in a small stainless steel or glass bowl.
2. Add lime and orange juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients well.
3. Let fish marinate in refrigerator for 1.5 hours, tossing fish every ½ hour.
4. Once fully marinated, fish will take on a milky white appearance. Do not over-marinate fish as it will get rubbery. Remove fish from marinade and set aside. Discard marinading juices.
5. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients including marinated fish. Toss until well mixed. Taste test and add more salt and pepper if desired.
6. Serve immediately into chilled ceramic or glass bowls, ensuring to pour in all the ceviche juices overtop to maintain optimal texture. Serve alongside a Mexican bottled hot sauce (Valentina, Búfalo or Cholula), lime wedges, and fresh tortilla “totopos” or salted tortilla chips.
*Tip: For a twist, add a cup of cubed fresh cucumber, pineapple or mango (or all) to your ceviche.
Marinade Ingredients 1 ounce dark lager½ cup diced Spanish onions2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped1 serrano...
1 ounce dark lager
½ cup diced Spanish onions
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp sea sat
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
¼ tsp fresh marjoram, chopped
¼ tsp fresh thyme, chopped
12 Spanish scallions
1 lime, halved
3 6-oz rib-eye steaks
8 corn tortillas
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. In a small bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients excluding olive oil, scallions, and lime.
2. Pearce steaks several times with fork. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of steaks. Place steaks in shallow dish and pour the marinade on top. Allow steaks to marinate in refrigerator for 1.5 hours.
3. In a separate bowl, mix scallions and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat cast iron pan and generously coat surface with olive oil. Char scallion mixture. Remove and set aside.
5. Warm tortillas in same cast iron pan on each side for 10-15 seconds. Keep warm in oven (at 200F) until ready to plate dish.
6. Grill steaks for 3 minutes on each side in same cast iron pan. Squeeze lime and add a pinch of salt and pepper over steaks before removing from grill.
7. Let steaks rest on cutting board before slicing as thinly as possible with a very sharp knife.
8. Assemble tacos with steak, and serve alongside Mexican salsa, extra chopped cilantro, guacamole, fresh lime halves, and a Tecate on the side!
Totopos Ingredients 8 corn tortillas2 cups of vegetable oilSea saltGuacamole Ingredients 3 large ripe avocados, chilled1/3 cup fresh cilantro,...
8 corn tortillas
2 cups of vegetable oil
3 large ripe avocados, chilled
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup plum tomatoes, diced
½ cup white onion, diced
1 tablespoon of Serrano chiles, minced
2 limes, halved Sea salt
1. Stack tortillas and slice into 8 triangles using a pizza cutter.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a medium-sized pan.
3. Once oil is hot, fry tortilla slices in small batches until golden and crispy on both sides.
4. Remove the totopos from the pan and place on paper towel. 5. Sprinkle generously with salt.
Steps for Guacamole
1. Slice avocados in half lengthwise. Remove pits. Scoop out pulp and place in medium-sized bowl.
2. Mash avocados using a fork or masher.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Squeeze limes overtop. Mix well. Season with salt to taste.
4. Serve the guacamole in a chilled bowl immediately with the totopos.
Ingredients 360 mL good quality100% Agave Tequila Reposado240 mL orange liqueur, such as Contreau or Grand Marnier120 mL light agave syrup240 mL...
360 mL good quality
100% Agave Tequila Reposado
240 mL orange liqueur, such as Contreau or Grand Marnier
120 mL light agave syrup
240 mL fresh lime juice Ice
5 tbsp sea salt
1 lime, cut into wheels
1. Place the salt on a small plate.
2. Using a small lime wedge, wet the rim of four 8-10oz glasses (whatever style you like). Dip glass rim in salt. Decorate with lime wheel.
3. Fill a glass pitcher with ice and set aside to cool.
4. In pitcher, pour Tequila, orange liqueur, agave syrup and lime juice. Stir.
5. Pour margarita into glasses and enjoy!