5 tablespoons butter
4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
8 slices thick cut bacon
4 hamburger buns
Lettuce, tomato slices and red onion slices, for garnish
1. Take the 2 lbs of ground beef and separate them into 4 even weight patties. Use your hands to patty them out to they are about ½ inch in height. Then season liberally with salt and pepper.
2. Place a large frying pan on your stove top and let it heat up for a couple of minutes until is nice and hot. Then place the bacon in the pan and cook until the desired crispy. Drain fat.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter to the same pan. Place the burgers in the pan and cook. For Medium, cook for roughly 5 min and then flip over remaining two tablespoons of butter.
4. In a separate pan on the stove top melt 1 tablespoon of butter and then crack the four eggs into the pan. Cook the Eggs until they are fried and the yoke is just starting to cook. You want the egg to be over easy for this burger.
5. When the burger is almost ready add the slices of cheddar on top of each burger and let it melt completely.
6. To dress the burger we suggest putting the lettuce then tomato on the bottom bun then the burger and the egg and bacon and onion.