Ingredients 1 ounce Absolut hibiscus Vodka3 ounces strawberry lemonade (Raspberry lemonade can be used if more available)1 ounce orange...
1 ounce Absolut hibiscus Vodka
3 ounces strawberry lemonade (Raspberry lemonade can be used if more available)
1 ounce orange blossom syrup (recipe to follow)
2 ounces Jacobs creek Moscato
1. Add all ingredients in a wine glass filled with ice and give a good stir.
2. Garnish with sliced strawberries, grapes and lemons
3. Sit back, sip and enjoy.
Orange Blossom Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1‐2 teaspoons orange blossom water
1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water and lemon juice and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the orange blossom, pour into a heatproof container and refrigerate to cool completely.
Pok Pok wings are Southeast Asian influenced, with a balance of sweet, salty, spicy and sour characteristics. Serves 6-8. For...
Pok Pok wings are Southeast Asian influenced, with a balance of sweet, salty, spicy and sour characteristics. Serves 6-8.
For the wings
2 cups fish sauce
2 cups white sugar
1 cup water
15 garlic cloves
5 deseeded rough cut Anaheim chili
1. Combine ingredients, place in bar blender and uree until smooth.
2. Marinate with 10lb of wings for 8 hours.
3. Place on tray in fridge and let dry for at least two hours. This will help the wings colour.
4. Bake at 400 F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
For the glaze
2 cups of sambal
Juice of 3 limes
2 Tsp. fish sauce
1. Mix in a bowl
2. Wash 1 small bunch of cilantro and pick the leaves, reserve the stems and root.
3. Chop the leaves and add to sambal mixture.
4. Shave 4 Tbsp. of palm sugar with a knife and place in mortar with chopped cilantro stem and root, pound until a smooth paste. Add to sambal mixture.
5. Toss wings with glaze (the amount will depend on how spicy you like it).
6. Garnish with fresh picked cilantro, diakon sprouts and pickled rutabaga salad or serve with diakon slaw and your favourite fried rice.
Ingredients 2 cup 41/50 shrimp rough chopped3⁄4 cup 41/50 shrimp cut into thirds2 egg whites1 tbsp sambal2 clove garlic mincedJuice of half...
2 cup 41/50 shrimp rough chopped
3⁄4 cup 41/50 shrimp cut into thirds
2 egg whites
1 tbsp sambal
2 clove garlic minced
Juice of half a lime
1⁄2 cup chiffonade coriander
1 tbsp cornflour
1. Place rough chopped shrimp, sambal, coriander, and garlic lime in blender and puree until smooth.
2. Slowly add egg whites while blender is on. Add in cornflour. Remove from blender and place in bowl. 3. Place in another bowl of ice, to keep it cool.
4. Fold in cut shrimp.
5. Fry in hot oil until puffy and golden served immediately.
6. For the Thai Ketchup, combine half cup of ketchup with 2 tbsp of oyster sauce and 1 Tbsp Siracha.
7. For the mango slaw combne 1 ripe mango, diced, a small handful of coriander, chiffonade, 1 diced shallot, the juice of half a lime and a dash of fish sauce
8. Combine all ingredients. Once shrimp are fried season and serve with Thai Ketchup and Mango Slaw.
Ingredients 1lb ground lamb1 tbsp paprika1.5 tsp salt1 tsp ground cumin.5 tsp dried oregano2 tbsp chopped mint1 tsp ground black...
1lb ground lamb
1 tbsp paprika
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
.5 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp chopped mint
1 tsp ground black pepper
Splash of olive oil
1 small onion diced
1 egg 3 Tbsp
2 Tbsp water
1. Gently heat oil and sweat onions and spices.
2. Combine egg, Panko and water (this is called a panade it will help soften the slider).
3. Mix spices and panade into lamb. Check seasoning, form into sliders.
4. Grill on the BBQ or pan sear.
5. Serve with goat cheese, rocket and pesto on a slider bun.
Ingredients 1lb ground veal1lb ground pork2 eggs1 cup parmesan1⁄2 cup chiffonade parsley1 tbsp minced garlic1 tsp dry chilli1 1⁄2 cup...
1lb ground veal
1lb ground pork
1 cup parmesan
1⁄2 cup chiffonade parsley
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp dry chilli
1 1⁄2 cup Panko
1 cup warm water
1⁄2 cup green onion
1. Combine all ingredients except pork and veal and bring together.
2. Add meat and season, cook a little to test seasoning and adjust if needed.
3. Roast in a hot oven for 10 minutes. Then add to hot tomato sauce and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Serve with fresh mozzarella, basil and some of the tomato sauce on a slider bun.
Chef Lori's mini gluten-free ice cream sandwich (Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Yonge and Front) Ingredients 3 cups 1 tbsp...
Chef Lori's mini gluten-free ice cream sandwich (Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Yonge and Front)
3 cups 1 tbsp white rice flour (clubhouse brand)
3 cups 2 tbsp brown rice flour (Bobs brand)
2.5 cups tapioca starch (Bobs)
3/4 cups potato starch (clubhouse)
1. Combine all ingredients store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
3 cups GF flour
1.5 tsp xanthum gum
1.5 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 315 F low fan
2. Whip butter until softened, cream with sugar, add egg one at a time
3. Add vanilla and mix in dry ingredients
4. Fold in chocolate chips. Portion into 20g balls and bake for roughly 15 minutes
2.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate
500ml 35% cream
Heat cream, bring to a simmer add glucose stir in. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate. Needs to be served warm.