10 Signs He's The One
10 Signs He's The One
Soul mate, Prince Charming, Ruby Rose—a.k.a. the ‘one’—that far off dreamy babe who fits into your life like a unique puzzle piece after a dating history of misshapen might-have-beens.
Despite those disastrous dates that become funny stories, or all those heartaches that need a bin of Ben & Jerry’s to fix, there is a person out there for you if you’re as monogamous as a lobster.
Here are 10 signs that someone is the one for you:
1. They make your bed in the morning without being asked…and you don’t have to re-make it. You know they’re thinking about your needs when they do little things throughout the day to help you out, simply to make your life easier.
2. When you’re upset, they won’t fall asleep until you do. Their empathy shows that they value your well being over their own.
3. When you’re sick, they’ll run to Shoppers Drug Mart at 2am to buy you more cough drops … and clean up your dirty tissues too. If they nurture you (even when you’re not sick), and make sacrifices to make you more comfortable, it probably means they’re in it for the long run.
4. They know when your red week is due, and they’ve prepped a kit of essentials: The Notebook, chocolate and some super-plus tampons. ‘Nuff said.
5. You share the same values. You want your lives to take the same route, and you find importance in the same things—family, work, money, the works. You also view the world in a similar way, and agree that the dress is really blue.
6. When you can feel their passion and affection from just a kiss on your forehead. Sensuality isn’t just straight-up sex. Sometimes the little things can make you feel just as desired as Pamela Anderson in Baywatch—when it was still a thing.
7. Your crazy family doesn’t scare them off. If they make an effort to connect with your family in a genuine way and not just to impress you, then you know that Christmas with the in-laws won’t be an issue. They also need to apply this rule to your friends.
8. ‘Home is wherever I’m with you.’ These words will ring true when you see them after a long and stressful day and you feel like you’ve come home—even if you’re only meeting at a café.
9. They’re not afraid to get their hands dirty. Whether it’s holding your hair while you puke up Friday night’s drinks, or plunging the toilet because you clogged it after a romantic Mexican dinner, they’re not shy to get to know EVERY part of you.
10. They’ll defend you. They will always be your biggest ally and number one support.